Classic Car PR:
- Rare vintage Bentley offered for sale with designer Louis Vuitton luggage
- The 1931 8 Litre Bentley is not just for show, though – it comes with a strong racing pedigree
- Once drove from Jersey to Belgium straight to a timed kilometre race in Ghent where it set a course record
- Previous holder of three Brighton Speed Trials records
- The car has been checked and authenticated by William Medcalf Vintage Bentley, a world authority in all things related to vintage BentleysWest Sussex, Tuesday 8 February 2016 Style and performance go hand-in-hand with the latest Bentley offered for sale by William Medcalf Vintage Bentley, world-renowned authority in all things vintage Bentley.The 1931 8 Litre Bentley comes with a long list of racing pedigree that includes a selection of course records and class wins over an illustrious competing career. It is a perfect example of the high-end vehicles offered for sale by William Medcalf Vintage Bentley.However, any future owner will also get a touch of period luxury with their new car, as it also comes with a set of Louis Vuitton luggage. The two suitcases are made to fit on the rear luggage rack of this pristine and majestic car, and are in immaculate condition.The matching cases are held firmly in place by bespoke metal fastenings front and rear, and come with immaculate leather covered handles and metal catches and hinges.William Medcalf Vintage Bentley is selling the car with a large file of history, which shows it has been lovingly and well maintained throughout its lifetime. It comes with the original 8 Litre engine, which was the largest of its type made by Bentley. Only 100 of its type were made, and it was sold with the claim that the four-seater version could be put into top gear then accelerate from 0-100mph while fully loaded with passengers and luggage. This version is being sold with a lightweight two-seater sports body.Its racing history includes a trip to Ghent in 1969, and the car comes with a detailed account from the then owner, which describes how he took it over to a timed kilometre competition. Troubles with weather and ferry crossings meant that the car didn’t arrive in France until the day before the event was scheduled to take place. A non-stop, fast-paced trek from Le Havre meant that the car arrived at the last possible moment, late on the evening the night before the competition. This didn’t stop the car from setting a new Bentley course record, with a two-way average speed of 125mph, coming fourth overall against much new cars.William Medcalf said: “As soon as I saw this car it was clear it was a perfect example of the brand and the wide-ranging appeal that vintage Bentleys hold. The Louis Vuitton luggage helps it offer a real taste of 1930s luxury, while the undoubted performance of the 8 Litre engine means it could easily add to its already decorated racing career.”The Louis Vuitton Bentley is offered for sale alongside several other noteworthy cars in the West Sussex showroom. These include a completely original and unrestored 4 ½ Litre drophead that was discovered in a house in Kew, South London in 2015. It has been mechanically overhauled so it is driveable, but everything else about it has not been touched, meaning it is entirely original and unchanged from when it was delivered to its first owner in 1928.The car is available for viewing at William Medcalf Vintage Bentley’s showroom in Liss, West Sussex.
Influence Associates was built to be the best automotive PR, motorsport PR and classic car PR agency in the world. With the most senior leadership team in the auto PR sector, we’re perfectly placed to deliver a world-beating service to our portfolio of blue-chip clients.
We are brand builders, content creators, reputation managers and strategists. With a team of ex-managing directors, global PR directors and national magazine editors, we go beyond PR to help shape the overall business strategy of all our clients.